Sunday, July 19, 2009

blogging/running

Ok, I dont blog, I tried earlier this year, but found that it takes work. I do love to read a good blog though. So ok, Sunday July 19, I will try this blog thing. I wana 1), keep track of my running for mileage and memories 2), running/blogging both take up time , require maintenance and therefore both the same to me. 3) I wana leave a mark somewhere , maybe someone will read and be inspired or maybe even inspire me. Only time will tell how long this will last, I didnt think I would keep training and running my 1st marathon , but to my surprise, I have ! I love the challenge! I say I have a love /hate relationship with running, hate getting up to do it, hate getting started but love then finish and accomplishment i feel when i am done and love that i can eat what i want and burn it off with runs!! I have found a new love, that i am truly passionate about, it is TRAIL RUNNING, love , love love it! I feel like a kid again! The 1st time I ran a trail, it was love at 1st sight, smell and feel! the beauty all around, the trees , the smell clean Forest air, fresh and the feeling of softer ground under my feet!! yahoo!
So now i am doing trails twice a week with my running buddy Hope and run 3 to 4 times on roads. I am currently training for The Akron Marathon. I also do alot of little 5k , 10k, I like the ideal of 1 race a month , keeps me focused and keeps me running. Anyways I am finished for today. Heading out to a 5mile trail run with My Hopeinator!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Miss Smile Miles,
    I'm so excited you are keeping a blog. I think you're gonna love it...it's basically an electronic journal.

    You are the best running buddy ever. I have so much fun on those trails with you. Can you believe how our friendship has grown over this past year? I feel so fortunate to have you in my life.

    Honey, you are going to kick butt at the Akron Marathon this year. Of course, I think we need to go to the expo together early and snag all the free stuff...before the other running scavengers come out to play. Can't wait for tomorrow's trail run!

    ReplyDelete